Paint is one of the most important important tools available to any homeowner, and can completely transform the look and feel of a room with just a few strokes of a brush. Not only can it change the look of a room for the better, it can greatly increase the look of your home. Below are five ways you can use a new paint color to increase the value of your home.
- Paint your Kitchen Cabinets: If your cupboards are looking a little dated, and need a face lift, a coat of paint can be a great option if you don’t have the budget to replace them. Yes, it can be a lot of work, but the end result will turn out amazing. Anyone can add a fresh coat of paint to their cabinets as long as you’re willing to put in the time and a little elbow grease.
- Pick a Neutral Color: Some people will find neutral colors boring, however they can also help make you money. Painting rooms in your home a neutral color will increase the value of your home, and will appeal to a greater number of people. If you feel like you’re missing out on color, incorporate it with accent pillows and art.
- Paint the Trim Glossy White: A little bit of glossy white can go a long way. Most people mainly focus on the walls, however the trim can get dirty and scuffed too. Give your room a facelift without much effort or energy by giving your trim a fresh new coat of white paint.
- Paint the Exterior: Painting the exterior of your home can be a big project, however will make a huge difference if you’re trying to sell your home and increase its value. Curb appeal is important if you want potential buyers to be impressed right from the start. A fresh coat of paint in a neutral and appealing color is a great way to make your house look new and up-to-date.
- Paint the Front Door: The front door is the focal point of your home’s exterior, and you want it to look as best as it possibly can. Similar to painting the entire exterior of your home, giving your front door a fresh coat of paint can make it look brand new and up-to-date. This is an easy, low budget option if you don’t want to replace your front door completely.