Since the COVID-19 pandemic, the "work from home" culture has become widely accepted across multiple industries, and this culture shift shows no sign of stopping. We all have used the kitchen counter, family room, or dining room as our temporary workspace. However, with the "new normal," workers look to create formal spaces for a workspace or home office.
It's exciting to set up a home office, whether a new one or a renovation of an existing one. The change of scenery can help you feel more motivated and have more energy. Choosing a color for your office space can be difficult, as you need to pick a color that positively enhances your mood, performance, and energy levels. Here are some tips for selecting the perfect color for your workspace.
Choosing a Paint Color
Selecting a wall color for your dedicated workspace is not as simple as choosing a color for your living room or kitchen. Here are some essential factors to consider:
- Your Working Style. How you work will play a significant role in choosing the wall color. Nuanced neutral colors are a great choice to help you focus if you have a minimalist workspace. Vibrant colors can be a great choice if you are looking for creative and quirky ideas.
- Available Space. Your available space will determine the color you choose for your walls. A neutral or light color is best for a small home office. Choosing light and airy colors will give the illusion of more space. However, if you have a larger area to work with, you can choose any color you like.
- Focus Level. The focus required by your job will play a significant role in choosing a color for your home office. For example, neutral tones may be best for those who are highly focused and attentive in their work. On the other hand, if you work in a creative field, colorful walls can help lift your spirits and make you more productive.
- Differentiate Your Space. Create a workspace in any part of your home if you don't have a separate room to turn into a home office. For example, you can paint the wall a different color to distinguish your work area from the rest of your home.
Trending Colors for Your Home Office
Here's a list of trending colors to help create the perfect workspace. Choose a color that suits you and makes you more productive.
- The Cool Blue. Cool blues are a popular choice for office walls because it creates a calm, relaxing space. This color stimulates the brain and encourages focus and productivity.
- The Versatile White. White walls are an excellent choice for your home office walls. The most versatile color in the palette, white heightens focus. To add vibrancy and energy to your space, you can mix in colors using bright cushions, indoor plants, or other decor pieces.
- The Go-To Brown. A shade of brown is the best choice if you are having trouble choosing a color for your home office. It is a timeless, subtle color that encourages power and strength. Like white walls, you can elevate your space with plants or small pieces of decor. Choose a light brown shade or a beige hue if you prefer a lighter color on your walls.
- The Earthy Green. Shades of green have a soothing effect on the eyes and can help increase focus and calm the nerves. In addition, this color helps calm the mind and is well-suited for dealing with work-related stress. For a more serious tone, go for a deep and rich green, which can make your room look royal. Choose a paler shade of green if you want a calmer environment.
- The Positive Yellow. If you don’t like neutral tones or you find them boring, choose yellow. Yellow is a vibrant color that radiates positivity. It creates an environment that fosters happiness and sparks creativity. Use a light yellow shade, as darker hues can be distracting and impede your focus.
- The Mid-Way Grey. The perfect marriage of black and white, grey creates a neutral atmosphere in your workspace which helps boost productivity and focus. This color gives your home office a classic and elegant feel. However, it is vital to match the grey walls with bright, cheerful accents; otherwise, it can make the space feel intimidating.
Once you've chosen the perfect office color, add natural decor such as wall hangings, indoor plants, or motivational quotes to brighten the space. If you like pops of color, add a brightly colored chair or some colorful knick-knacks.
Choose Stanford Painting
For your interior painting headquarters, look no further than your friends and experts at Stanford Painting! We have all the trending colors you love, and that would look spectacular in your home office.
Need to request a quote for your next paint project? Call us at 650-321-9302 or fill out the contact form on our website!